The Crimson Lady
Odessa, High Priestess of Chaos, The Chosen of Urdryamnash, in all her glory.
Red is the color linked to chaotic creatures, actually it is not really a choice, it came this way, without really thinking of it.
Though she is a secret character she is really important and shall have a role to play for the destiny of the Lands.
Some facts about her
1. Her real name is not Odessa actually. She took her after a terrible ordeal she had to go through... She decided to named herself Odessa, a kind of female version of Odysseus.
2. She is the leader of the Eight Knights of Chaos. The Eight Knights do not appear a lot together: they are too dangerous, unsteady and mad for this, they can destroy a city just because they decided to play and fight each other.
3. She is the favourite disciple and priestess of God Urdryamnash who gave her most of her powers. In exchange, she allowed the cursed God to possess her own son's corpse for his reincarnation. Yes, she had a son and even a husband: he was an elven erudite who wanted to learn the dark arts and magics from her. He considered that his training couldn't be complete without this (he was a bit... suicidal) Her husband was killed during an attack in her castle commanded one of the Gods of the Asuras. Her son were killed by a man who formerly hired him as warlock (other story, too long to explain everything).
4. The tattoos on her body tell the story of her life, her pains, her joys... They are living, with their own will, so they can change a lot, considering Odessa's will, feelings, wounds... they can also totally cover her as an invicible shadow armour.
5. As she is devoted to the Chaos, her powers are really diversified: pure chaotic, shamanic and linked to the Nature (that's also why a lot of her tattoos look like flowers), elemental, linked to the Darkness and she also can change her into a panther, a crow... In fact it seems that she has not a lot of restrictions. But being a disciple of Chaos also means that she is really open-minded and tolerates a lot of things. She does not like a lot laws and wish that freedom could be given to anybody on earth. She also protects artists, poets, authors and musicians (she is herself a very good harpist) and can be considered as a sponsor as she can help them with a home, money or a "job" in royal courts.
6. She has a "familiar"! He/she is named Fripouille and it is a little living gargoyle. She also have a black horse named Galen and a crow, Lioja
7. Not only the fact that she uses magic but she is also very good with a scimitar! She learned this by herself and developed her own style, which looks like more a dance than a real fighting style. Recently she also discovered that a whip is really interesting
8. At the beginning of my story, she only lives in her castle in the Succor-Benoth the Realm of Asuras. But she slowly decides to discover the world as she begins to make friends. She does not seem very talkative but in fact she is just... very demure. If you want to please her, you can offer her black roses (she will probably put one in her hair)
9: if Odessa has to be voiced by someone it could be a mix of Nicola Goodchild (Queen Aino in Primal), Melissa Lloyd (Malikel in Primal), Simone Grant (Karla in Lodoss, my favourite), Judith Gibbins/Keeley Hawes (Lara Croft) or Grey DeLisle (Natla).
Posted 2 years ago
Thank you so much for the kind words :)
Posted 2 years ago
We are in awe, totally! There was an idea to do a character tattoo contest. Maybe we will still do it. We want to see more of Odessa's pain and joy tattoos
Posted 2 years ago
More By DameOdessa